Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dressing with Paul Newman?!

Got your attention, I hope!

OK, so Paul the doll is 80, but to me he is still the handsomest and nicest guy in Hollywood. I so love the movie CARS because he's the voice of Doc Hudson, the Hudson Hornet.

Now to the topic at hand. Paul the doll has stayed young and active thanks to the attention he gives his health, particularly in areas of nutrition. I recently hopped on his bandwagon and cleared my kitchen of products with unhealthy additives, especially trans fats and high fructose corn syrup. I'm no health nut, but I do like to eat figure-friendly. Those two ingredients are neither healthy nor figure-friendly.

Yesterday I was at Publix browsing their salad dressings in search of something light but healthy. What a minefield! All the store brands and big name brands were sweetened with you-know-what. The fat free varieties were the worst, listing high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient. Nasty.

Then I saw Paul, winking at me from a lower shelf. I selected a bottle of Lite Ginger Soy and read the label. What a delightful surprise! Nothing but healthful oils and natural sweeteners, weighing in at a mere 35 calories per serving. And, just like the man himself, it's delicious.

I swear this is an unsolicited testimonial. To learn more about Paul's own line of products, visit his website: www.newmansown.com.

Cheryl

No comments: